Our Mission/Vision Statement
Our mission has always stood true. “To provide comprehensive education, health and human services to reduce homelessness of underserved foster and homeless youth while promoting their development and enriching the communities of Los Angeles County.” Most of all, to be compassionate givers of hope to the least of these.
Pathways To Your Future envisions that within our servicing area that all transition aged youth [15-25 year olds] have hope for a brighter future with a clearly defined path that leads to self-reliance, self-sufficiency and independent living for a better quality of life.
Homeless youth are not a single type of person or group. Their individual needs, expectations, and hope for the future are all unique, but share a common foundation of needing some level of temporary support and guidance. Based on this principle, services provided must be diverse, addressing the individual needs of each client on a case-by-case basis. Youth receiving services should be allowed to navigate their journey into the future in a collaborative effort with the service provider which, in turn, will empower them to make decisions that will change the direction of their lives.
Youth who receive services should play a significant role in the decision-making process regarding his/her housing and supportive housing needs. This empowerment principle will build confidence, courage and character.
The goal is to successfully transition youth from teens to adults. As facilitators guiding them on the path to a brighter future, youth will be equipped with basic life skills, education and other resources so that they can take ownership in the choices they make in life.
Pathways To Your Future Values
Pathways To Your Future integrates the following values in every aspect of service:
- Everyone has the right to be treated with dignity and respect;
- Everyone has the right to equal access to services and information in accordance with their assessed needs;
- The diversity of those who use PTYF service is to be accepted and welcomed without prejudice. Services will be flexible to respond to each individual assessed needs and aspirations;
- Everyone has the rights to privacy and confidentiality;
- Everyone has the right to safety of person and security of possessions;
- Everyone Has the right to their decisions regarding the personal lives; and
- Everyone has the right to feel a full inclusion of the society in which they live and achieve their potential and rights as citizen; and
- All Services and programs will be accountable to stakeholders, clients, funders, and partners.