Project T.N.D. & T. N.T.
Pathways To Your Future (PTYF) provided eight weeks of Project T.N.D. & T. N.T.: Towards No Drug & Towards No Tobacco to the Los Angeles County Office of Education (LACOE) Division of Alternative Education students. PTYF staff taught an average of 491 students over a three month period. The curriculum is an effective alcohol, tobacco, and drug prevention program that targets middle to high school youth. The theoretical background is an Evidenced-based curriculum and considered a “Model” or “Exemplary” program by U.S. (CSAP) Center for Substance Abuse Prevention and (SAMSHA) Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Agency and (NIDA) National Institute on Drug Abuse, and many other states Department of Education. Program consists of motivational-skills and the decision-making model.
The goal of Project T.N.D. & T.N.T. is to:
- Stop or reduce the use of cigarettes, alcohol, marijuana, and hard drugs.
- Stop or reduce weapon carrying.
- Provide accurate information about environmental, social physiological and emotional consequences of drug use and abuse.
- Demonstrate behavioral and cognitive skills.
- Make a personal commitment about whether or not they desire to void drug abuse.
In addition, PTYF provided Youth Development Prevention Workshops to LACOE Community Day Schools students. This is the fifth year that PTYF has facilitated these workshops. We provided a series of workshops on “Making better choices for students and families” to help educate and promote pregnancy prevention.